Jeanie Schwarz, MBA, CFP®
Jeanie Schwarz leads the firm’s Wealth Management Practice and Operations. She has more than 20 years of fiduciary advisory experience.
Prior to founding Lumina Financial Consultants in 2012, Jeanie worked at Sullivan, Bruyette, Speros, and Blayney, Inc. (SBSB) – a Registered Investment Advisory firm in McLean, Virginia. She worked closely with the firm’s clients to develop asset allocation strategies, cash flow projections and financial plans, designed to support their long-term goals and individual circumstances. While at SBSB, Jeanie served on the firm’s Investment Committee.
Jeanie is passionate about financial education. In addition to teaching courses in financial planning, she provides seminars online and in the local community. Outside the office, Jeanie enjoys spending time with her family, hiking and traveling.
Her professional and academic qualifications include:
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification
- Member of The Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts
- Former chair of the Council on Examinations for the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards
- Former member of the board of directors for the National Capital Area chapter of the Financial Planning Association
- Adjunct faculty member teaching personal financial planning at the University of Virginia, Shepherd University, and the American College; and as a volunteer teacher for the Virginia Council on Economic Education
- MBA, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Executive Certificate in Financial Planning, Georgetown University, Washington, DC
- BS, Home Economics, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia