Jeanie Schwarz has over 22 years of experience helping clients with their personal finances. She started her career as a retail bank manager where she first learned about personal financial planning and insurance. Jeanie switched tracks in 2000 when she began working at a boutique wealth management firm in the Washington, DC area.
Jeanie worked for 12 years at Sullivan, Bruyette, Speros, and Blayney. Her first assignments were in back office operations, financial planning and portfolio management, before she become a Director, managing client relationships for the firm. Looking for new ways to deliver high-touch wealth management services, Jeanie left SBSB, Inc. in 2012 to launch Lumina Financial Consultants. Lumina was designed to serve the needs of clients who not only value expert advice and professional experience, but also value working with advisors who have relatable personal experiences which help them understand their clients’ unique needs.
Jeanie is passionate about setting her clients on a strong financial path. She has found that women, especially, tend to respond well to Lumina’s approach. Starting with a solid understanding of the household cash needs and long-term financial plans, the Lumina team crafts investment strategies to support their clients’ long-term plans and individual circumstances. She’s also passionate about financial education. Jeanie frequently provides seminars in the local community for those who want to learn how to take control over their financial lives.
Her professional and academic qualifications include:
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification
- Former chair of the Council on Examinations for the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards
- Former member of the board of directors for the National Capital Area chapter of the Financial Planning Association
- Adjunct faculty member teaching personal financial planning at the University of Virginia, Shepherd University, and the American College; and as a volunteer teacher for the Virginia Council on Economic Education
- MBA, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Executive Certificate in Financial Planning, Georgetown University, Washington, DC
- BS, Applied Economics, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia