Jeanie Schwarz knows the challenges that come with managing your finances: with experience in banking and insurance, she started on the financial advising path after her divorce. A stay-at-home mom with four, young children, Jeanie wanted to give others the tools to manage their finances with confidence.
For years, Jeanie worked as a financial advisor for Sullivan, Bruyette, Speros, and Blayney, Inc., a large registered investment advisory firm in McLean, Virginia. After working her way up from from back-office operations to Director of Client Services, Jeanie decided to go out on her own in 2012. She founded Lumina Financial Consultants to serve the needs of a new generation of clients, who value easy access to their personal finance information and flexibility when it comes to working with their advisor.
Jeanie is passionate about setting her clients on a strong financial path. She has found that women, specifically, tend to respond well to LuminaFi’s approach of starting with a solid financial plan: understanding the household cash flow, using the information to project long-term financial needs and crafting an investment strategy that supports those. She’s excited to grow LuminaFi’s presence to reach clients nationwide.
Her professional and academic qualifications include:
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification
- Former chair of the Council on Examinations for the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards
- Former member of the board of directors for the National Capital Area chapter of the Financial Planning Association
- Adjunct faculty member teaching personal financial planning at the University of Virginia, Shepherd University, and the American College; and as a volunteer teacher for the Virginia Council on Economic Education
- MBA, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia
- Executive Certificate in Financial Planning, Georgetown University, Washington, DC
- BS, Applied Economics, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia