Laurie Fried brings a wealth of technical knowledge in personal and corporate finance to the LuminaFi team.
Laurie worked on the institutional side of finance for the first 25 years of her career, with stints in financial services, investment banking and real estate. This experience allowed Laurie to develop her understanding of underwriting, asset valuation, risk management, real estate and deal structure. After she made the jump to personal finance, she immediately felt the connection she’d been missing. Working side-by-side with her clients gives Laurie a sense of purpose.
In addition to her work with LuminaFi, Laurie runs a successful financial planning practice, New Leaf Financial Advisory, which specializes in helping individuals and families prepare financially for divorce. Like Jeanie, Laurie has found that women, in particular, are more likely to feel uncomfortable making decisions around money. Laurie is passionate about changing that by building a community through LuminaFi.
- NEW LEAF FINANCIAL ADVISORY: Divorce Financial Planning and Analysis
- MORGAN STANLEY SMITH BARNEY: Wealth Management
- REDWOOD TRUST: Commercial Real Estate Structured Finance
- BARCLAYS CAPITAL: Fixed Income, Telecommunications, and Media Finance
- BANKERS TRUST: Real Estate Capital Markets and Loan Syndications
- J.P. MORGAN: Real Estate Capital Markets
Academic and Professional Certifications
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification
- MBA Finance: NYU Stern School of Business
- BA Economics: Fordham University
- Master Analyst in Financial Forensics: National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst: Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts
- Member of The Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts
- Member of The California BAR Association, Family Law Section
- Comprehensive Mediation Training