Laurie Fried, MBA, CFP®, MAFF, CDFA®
Laurie Fried brings decades of knowledge in institutional and corporate finance to the Lumina team.
Laurie worked on the institutional side of finance for the first 25 years of her career, where she developed strong technical knowledge in financial modeling and projections, credit underwriting, risk management, and real estate.
From her early days on the trading floor in the 1980s, to her experience underwriting some of the largest M&A transactions in the telecom sector, and her work in creating one of the largest buyers of real estate credit bonds in the country; Laurie has seen the inner workings of Wall Street and finance up close.
As much as the work on the institutional side was fast paced and exciting, Laurie knew she wanted to use her skills to make a real difference for real people. So, she made the transition to personal finance, and immediately felt the connection she’d been missing.
Laurie loves that by working side-by-side with her clients, she can truly make a measurable impact. She guides her clients through complex life transitions, and provides them solutions that support their goals and elevate their lives.
Every day, Laurie brings the benefit of her experiences on Wall Street and in Finance to bear in her role as a dedicated financial advisor to her clients.
Laurie is driven to help women maximize their financial potential during major transitions; including divorce, retirement, caring for loved ones, and career change. At Lumina, she is able to give women the resources, support, and guidance they need to thrive financially.
- NEW LEAF FINANCIAL ADVISORY: Divorce Financial Planning and Analysis
- MORGAN STANLEY SMITH BARNEY: Wealth Management
- REDWOOD TRUST: Commercial Real Estate Structured Finance
- BARCLAYS CAPITAL: Fixed Income, Telecommunications, and Media Finance
- BANKERS TRUST: Real Estate Capital Markets and Loan Syndications
- J.P. MORGAN: Real Estate Capital Markets
Academic and Professional Certifications
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification
- MBA Finance: NYU Stern School of Business
- BA Economics: Fordham University
- Master Analyst in Financial Forensics: National Association of Certified Valuators & Analysts
- Certified Divorce Financial Analyst: Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts
- Member of The Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts
- Member of The California BAR Association, Family Law Section
- Comprehensive Mediation Training